FogRyu

Hi all!

I need help with a personal project.
I'm not a developer at all but I'm trying to set up a project of my own on Unity, I use Bolt to "develop".

But no matter what I try I can't use my animations in my project.

As I said, I'm not a dev, so I don't really know how to set up these animations to be able to use them when needed.

I can't find a viable tutorial that teaches me how to use the animations made in Spine, on Unity, using Bolt.

Does anyone know where to find one? Or could help me?

Thanks a lot!

Have a good day and I hope everyone is fine! :)
FogRyu

Harald

I'm afraid there is neither official, nor 3rd-party support for Spine in Bolt available yet. I only found this thread upon a quick search, which I assume you have already come across:
https://support.ludiq.io/communities/5/topics/1394-spine-integration
So you could give the solution using reflection nodes a try, in case you haven't already done so.

In case anyone has already found a solution, posting a reference below is very much appreciated.
Harald

Harri

Arnissan

Bolt can access any C# API via reflection. So what you do is this:

1. Go to Tools/Bolt/Unit Options Wizard
2. In Assemblies tab add everything Spine related.
3. In the Types tab add the types you want to access in Bolt to control Spine (stuff like SkeletonAnimation, Skeleton, AnimationState, etc)
4. Once all the assemblies and types are added, at the bottom of Unit Options Wizard is a button, hit that to Regenerate Unit Options.

Now Spine stuff comes up in the fuzzy finder like everything else. Beyond that you have to learn the Spine-Unity C# API. Bolt basically visualizes C# so any official Spine code examples directly translate to Bolt.

One small example of what I have purely from reflected units I got access to via the method outlined above:

The only thing you can't access via reflection are callbacks - so no animation or sound events without writing custom units. Everything else is possible.
Arnissan

Harald

Awesome Arnissan, thanks very much for posting!
Harald

Harri

FogRyu

Wow, thanks Arnissan and Harald for the answers!

First of all, sorry for the waiting time, I don't know why I thought that creating a message would automatically subscribe to the mail in case of answers but apparently not, so I didn't think I'd see any answers when I came back here ...

So, as I said, I'm not developed at all! So I'm going to try to put that into practice.

It's a shame there's no "practical" tutorial for all these steps yet, knowing how famous and useful Spine and Bolt are! :p

Harald I had indeed seen this link, but then it didn't tell me much, as I said, I'm not a dev.

Arnissan, with this example if I understand well, we can select the type of Skin and animation according to the actions?

I'll try to understand and test it!

Thanks a lot!

If someone sees any tutorial to use Spine and Bolt in Unity (for peoples really bad in code) I'm interested :p

Thanks again
FogRyu

Volver a Unity