atulaw

I am using unity with spine runtime 3.8.

I have purchased an asset pack that comes with following files:

*.spine
*.atlas
*.json
*.png

Now for unity I have renamed *.atlas to *.atlas.txt and that solves the atlas issue. It also creates the material and asset files automatically. But my issue is that json file just doesnt work regardless if I append it with *.txt or not.

I am getting following error:

Error reading skeleton JSON file for SkeletonData asset: skeleton_SkeletonData
Unsupported skeleton data, please export with a newer version of Spine.

I have checked the json file by opening it in notepad and it says the version is "spine": "3.8.75" [Solved: Change to 3.8.0]

Please help. Thanks.

---

I manually changed version to 3.8.0 in the JSON and that fixed the problem.
atulaw

Harald

It sounds very strange that your spine-unity runtime rejected a skeleton .json file with version 3.8.75 but accepts version 3.8.0. It should accept all .json files with the same major and minor version numbers (3.8 ).

Which version of the spine-unity runtime (name of the unitypackage) are you using?
Harald

Harri

atulaw

Yes I thought it was odd.

I had downloaded the unitypackage from http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-unity-download/ . Also tried the 3.9 beta version.
I had also tried to import the runtime from github. And tried all this by creating a new blank unity project. Nothing worked except when I changed the version on json files.

Fwiw my unity version is 2019.1.5f1 and spine runtime is 3.8-2020-03-11.unitypackage

Anyways all is good now and loving how easy and lightweight it is to use Spine instead of spritesheet.
atulaw

Harald

Thanks for getting back to us, glad to hear that you like working with Spine!

I just noticed that version 3.8.75 is a specially treated version that must have caused problems, and therefore issues the error message.
You could contact the creator of the assets with this remark to provide you with a re-exported version of the assets. Otherwise some parts might not behave as he intended it to. If I interpreted it correctly, this version changed something in regards to the IK system or its serialization - in case something is not behaving as expected, this might be the cause.
Harald

Harri

Volver a Unity