Killnetic

When packaging an empty code project in UE4 for HTML5 with only the Spine2D plugin added, I get the following error output for the 3.6 runtime:
https://pastebin.com/raw/KGtFbPrP
The project builds normally for HTML5 if the Spine2D plugin+Spine2D assets removed. The project always builds (with/without Spine2D) for standard Win32/64. Just looking at my segment, an HTML5 build could garner about 500k exposures. I'd really appreciate this being looked into. Hopefully it is easy like rearranging includes :mmm:

Plugin built from the following hash on the 3.6 branch: Commits
Killnetic

badlogic

It seems UE4's ProceduralMeshComponent is not available for HTML? Please use our latest runtimes in the 3.6 branch where we switched to RuntimeMeshComponent. It's a 3rd party plugin that you have to simply copy into your plugins folder alongside the Spine plugins. You can find it in our repository as well in spine-ue4/Plugins
badlogic

Mario

Killnetic

The commit hash link I have in the OP is a hotlink to the 3.6 branch at commit add46ae (1 day old at this point). The 3.6 branch is actively being committed to so it is easier to debug & see exactly what I see by sharing the explicit state (add46ae) of 3.6 that I had cloned.

The new RuntimeMeshComponent exists at that point in 3.6. The following commits happened since then:
[unity] Built-in shaders for SkeletonGraphic tint black.
pharan committed 14 hours ago
55fb613
@badlogic
[maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration
badlogic committed 19 hours ago
c9de311
@badlogic
[maven-release-plugin] prepare release spine-libgdx-3.6.34.0

I'm fairly sure none of them would fix that issue. Let me know if you think otherwise.
Killnetic

badlogic

As I said, we switched away fro UE4's built in ProceduralMeshComponent, which according to your error log is unsupported in HTML 5 builds. Instead we use a forked RuntimeMeshComponent, which is part of our 3.6 branch (including the repo state linked to by your commit) and which you should use instead. The spine-ue4 runtimes should not have any reference to the failing ProceduralMeshComponent. I'll try to reproduce this locally asap, thanks for reporting.
badlogic

Mario

Killnetic

Thanks for checking it out. You are doing me a concern though. Is https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/spine-runtimes/commits/3.6 not the 3.6 you are talking about? Because I am using that branch. If you Ctrl+F 'add46ae' you will see that was a commit on 3.6 from yesterday.

---

Update w/fix:
https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/spine-runtimes/blob/3.6/spine-ue4/Source/SpineUE4/SpineUE4.Build.cs#L9

HTML5 Packaging issuse resolve after removing the ProceduralMeshComponent reference from this file.
Killnetic

badlogic

Ah, that's where the confusion came from on my end! Sorry, I forgot to remove the ProceduralMeshComponent reference from the example project. I was assuming you created a new project and copied the plugin to your project. Thanks for pointing that out, fixed in 3.6 and 3.7-beta branch!
badlogic

Mario

Volver a Bugs