Nate

Looks like compression artifacts? Maybe check your texture settings in Unity. I'm guessing the image files don't show the same?
Nate

Nate

Nate

The dark outline is PMA.
Nate

Nate

Harald

Alerif escribió:But I can't understand why this problem doesn't show up in other animations.
If texture import settings are the same on your other atlas textures, this could be due to resolution, width or height not being multiple of 4. IIRC ETC2 compresses in blocks of 4x4 pixels (as many compression formats do). So I guess the above texture is a multiple of 4 in both width and height and the others where the problem does not show up are not.

You should however see a message in the texture importer settings that they are not compressed due to their resolution.
Harald

Harri

romanalerif

Original image:

Export settings:

I always use 'Power of two' mode when exporting animations, so this couldn't be the reason of artifacts. Maybe atlas size is the reason (aside from RGBA Compressed ETC2 8 Bits compression method). In this case its larger than other atlases because it's a background (other animations was for characters so they are smaller).
romanalerif

Harald

I assumed that you compared the images at the same size (same texel density). I assume that by "larger in size" you mean that they are viewed larger on screen (magnified). Please note that any image compression artifacts will always be more aparent when magnified.
Harald

Harri

Volver a Unity